Construction of Fulton Avenue Overlay Phase 2 Coming Soon!
Construction will begin shortly on Phase 2 of the Fulton Avenue Overlay
Project: Arden Way to Auburn Boulevard. Planned improvements include:
- Removal and replacement of failing asphalt pavement on Fulton Avenue
including a two-inch rubberized asphalt concrete overlay.
- Infill curb, gutter, and sidewalk will be constructed to provide sidewalk
continuity within the project limits.
- Striped, on-street bicycle lanes within the project limits.
- Signal modifications and new sidewalk ramps at the intersection of
Fulton Avenue and Edison Avenue.
- Bicycle detection at all traffic signals.
- Sidewalk reconstruction at bus stops.
Sacramento County has awarded a construction contract to Teichert &
Sons, Inc. Construction is scheduled to begin in early September 2017,
with completion anticipated in November 2017. The total construction cost
During construction, one through lane in each direction will be maintained at
all times and two through lanes in each direction will be maintained during
the morning and evening rush hours. Access will be maintained to all residences
and businesses during construction. Pedestrian and bicycle access
will also be maintained. CLICK to download
the County August 2017 newsletter for more information.